- Last Updated on Thursday, February 26 2015 15:22
Do you have a metallic pool vessel? Have you noticed corrosion in your commercial pool walls? If you have a metallic pool, whether aluminum or mild-steel, your pool vessel is subject to the effects of damaging corrosion that non-metallic pools are not.
What's the difference with metallic pools? Why do they face corrosion?
The full answer is a complicated scientific one, caused by a process known as galvanic corrosion; but RenoSys knows that you don't want a degree to understand what's happening to damage your pool – and you certainly want a solution to fix it. In simple terms, the combination of metallic pools and the swimmers' bodies produce a small electrical charge that acts almost like a battery...a destructive battery. Over time, this electrical charge will damage the actual metal of your metallic pool walls, producing the corrosion that you have noticed.
RenoSys is the solution for problem metallic pools. How can we fix such a specific, complicated problem? Simple: our commercial PVC pool membrane is an excellent insulator. Once we line your pool with our durable, thick PVC pool liner, your metallic pool is fully encapsulated and insulated from the damaging effects of galvanic corrosion. A RenoSys PVC pool membrane acts as a shield and protects your metallic pool.
About our PVC pool membrane:
We don't just install our pool shells, we also manufacture them. These aren't the thin pool liners you might've seen in a back-yard pool – our PVC membranes are commercial-grade, 60 mil thick, durable, custom-textured pool shells that last decades. The pool shells are easy to maintain, durable, and watertight.
RenoSys installs our PVC membranes in new construction projects, as well as renovations. Our PVC pool shells are a great solution when used in renovations because they solve so many common pool problems. For old pools that have cracks and leaks, our pool membrane seals the pool vessel and offers a comfortable surface for swimmers, as well as stopping leaks. Metallic pools benefit tremendously from a RenoSys pool shell installation, since corrosion is such a damaging process that, untreated, will continue to affect your pool.
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words:
If you want an example of a RenoSys metallic pool solution, look no further than one of our recent projects. Umpqua Community College had left their pool drained and empty for years, until they chose a renovation using a RenoSys PVC pool shell. Since the college pool happened to be aluminum, our pool membrane installation was ideal.
As you can see in the photo, the "before" picture shows the old pool vessel. In the following photo, we have installed our insulating pool shell. The corrosion process that damaged their old pool walls will be stopped by the protection of the encapsulating pool membrane.
The “after” photo shows the pool membrane during the installation process. You can clearly see how the durable PVC completely covers the surface and walls of the pool vessel. In any construction or renovation, this encapsulation is what seals the original pool vessel and is watertight. In a metallic pool, sealing the pool vessel is especially important to stop and prevent galvanic corrosion.
- RenoSys Helps Your Aquatic Facility Win the Battle Against Damage
- Planning Your Indoor Facility with RenoSys
- DuraTech™ PolyGrate: Marine-grade Grating Designed for Your Pool
- RenoSys and Texas Ford Aquatics: As Seen in Athletic Business
- A Focus on Dive Stand Safety: SoftSide™ Dive Stand Pads
- Renovating a Therapy Pool - a New Project
- Change Course: RenoSys Stainless Steel Bulkheads Make Your Pool Versatile
- Cold-Plunge Spas and Your Facility
- Is Your Pool One in a Million? Renovate with RenoSys and Transform it Today
- Upgrade Your Safety Padding with SoftSide™
- Swim Seventy: A RenoSys Pool Opening Soon
- FuturaPool™: The Smart Choice for Your Swim Club, YMCA, or Community
- New Year, New Pool
- Commercial Pool Questions Welcome - RenoSys Provides Answers
- RenoSys Videos: See Us in Action
- If It Isn't Broken, Don't Pitch It: Let RenoSys Recycle Your Pool
- The Peak of the Stainless-Steel Pool Vessel: SummitSeries™
- A Recent Project Featuring RenoSys Products
- Make Use of Your Off Season – Plan Your Pool Renovation Now
- A How-To Guide for Cleaning Your Stainless-Steel Gutters
- RenoSys Works with Your Budget – Bet Your Bottom Dollar
- Millions of Reasons to Make Your Age-Friendly Pool Safe
- What Goes Into Designing Your Gutter System?
- The Clock is Ticking on Your Commercial Pool
- Water Parks: When Being Lazy is a Good Thing
- The Do's and Don'ts of Cleaning Your RenoSys Membrane
- Another Skyline View Brought to You By SummitSeries™
- Tips for Your New PVC Commercial Pool Membrane
- Pool Gutters: What You Need to Know
- One Source for Your Commercial Pool Project
- Out with the Old: Plan Your RenoSys Renovation
- Leaks are History with a RenoSys Commercial Pool Renovation
- SoftSide™ Safety Pads Make 3m Dive Stands Safer
- Texas Ford Aquatics: Competition Facility Featuring FuturaPool™
- Get Rid of Repairs - Get the Superior Pool Interior
- Stainless Steel: The Foundation for Great Commercial Pools and Spas
- The New Wave in Physical Therapy - PT in Your Pool
- Recent Projects Can Give You Ideas for Your Center
- A RenoSys Pool Goes to the Dogs
- Happy Labor Day! Make the End of Summer the Beginning of Improving Your Pool
- A FuturaPool™ Project: Our Manufactured Stainless Steel Pool in Action
- To Infinity - And Beyond: Negative Edge and Above-Grade Pools
- Play in the Spray: Adding Water-Play Features at Your Pool
- Focused on Aquatics
- Winter is Coming...Prepare Your Pool
- Renovation Innovation – Planning a Waterpark (or a Pool that Feels Like One)
- Record-Breaking Pools: A Fun Look at a Few Cool Pools
- DuraTech™ Grating Improves the Look & Safety of Your Pool
- Get Your Pool Project Started: Contact Us - It's Easy
- RenoSys Renovates Rainbow Beach: It's Open and Better Than Ever