- Last Updated on Thursday, September 18 2014 17:52
Has anyone ever complained of “pool toe” at your facility? Even if you haven't heard of it, you've probably seen it, or just didn't know it has a name. Affecting kids more than adults, the dreaded pool toe occurs when visitors are pushing off the bottom of the pool; if the surface is rough, pitted, or cracked...they end up with scrapes and skinned feet or even knees (in shallow water).
While it's not exactly a life-threatening condition, you don't want to be passing out band-aids regularly. Believe it or not, they actually make stick-on pads for people's feet just to prevent pool-related foot injury! Your guests shouldn't need to buy a product to keep from having sore feet at your pool.
Even if you plan to repair and smooth out the surface of your pool, especially if it's gotten really rough in spots – it's a literal patch on the problem. It's not a solution, it's a pool repair bandage; unless you look forward to draining your pool, inspecting, patching, sanding, and all the rest.
Of course, there is an alternative. Instead of dealing with regular repairs, and the time, effort, and cost of fixing your pool's surface, why not go with the superior pool interior? When we do a renovation or new construction, we typically use the RenoSys PVC pool membrane. Installed as your pool's surface, it's made from durable, and best of all, comfortable PVC. While the membrane is typically textured, it isn't rough and abrasive like an aging traditional pool surface. The difference for your guests is dramatic. Kids can stop complaining about sore feet and start enjoying the pool. A better pool interior is better for everyone!
On your end, as an owner/operator of a commercial pool, you'll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you won't be back out overseeing yet another patch job in the slow season. Your pool surface problems have officially been solved. Have other pool problems? Decking issues? Safety concerns? Other questions? We have the answers. Give us a call: 800-783-7005.
- Stainless Steel: The Foundation for Great Commercial Pools and Spas
- The New Wave in Physical Therapy - PT in Your Pool
- Recent Projects Can Give You Ideas for Your Center
- A RenoSys Pool Goes to the Dogs
- Happy Labor Day! Make the End of Summer the Beginning of Improving Your Pool
- A FuturaPool™ Project: Our Manufactured Stainless Steel Pool in Action
- To Infinity - And Beyond: Negative Edge and Above-Grade Pools
- Play in the Spray: Adding Water-Play Features at Your Pool
- Focused on Aquatics
- Winter is Coming...Prepare Your Pool
- Renovation Innovation – Planning a Waterpark (or a Pool that Feels Like One)
- Record-Breaking Pools: A Fun Look at a Few Cool Pools
- DuraTech™ Grating Improves the Look & Safety of Your Pool
- Get Your Pool Project Started: Contact Us - It's Easy
- RenoSys Renovates Rainbow Beach: It's Open and Better Than Ever
- A Fish out of Water: Swimming, Asthma, and Fixing Bad Pool Air
- Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July
- Play it Safe: Minimizing Risks at Your Aquatic Center
- An Ounce of Prevention: Cleaning Your PVC Pool Membrane
- The Triathlon: Make Your Aquatic Facility Part of the Race
- Renovating & Building Commercial Pools and Their Communities
- Competitive Swimming Pools: A Focus on Fast Pools
- Q&A: Cleaning & Maintaining Your RecDeck
- Projects In Our Own Backyard
- Fun Facts: Swimming & Swimming Pools
- RenoSys in Print
- Your Pool Project: You've Come to the Right Place
- Enjoy Memorial Day by the Pool
- Interactive RenoSys Brochure Now Available
- Meet Maui
- Caution: Your Aquatic Center May Need an Upgrade
- The Art of the Rooftop Pool
- Now is The Time to Renovate
- Did You Know...? Learn About RenoSys
- Starting From the Ground Up
- The IP Casino Gets a RenoSys Renovation
- How Does a SummitSeries™ Stainless Steel Pool & Spa Compare to Conventional Concrete?
- Safety First: Aquatic Therapy and RenoSys' Products
- Part II: RenoSys Renovates an Aluminum Pool at Umpqua Community College
- Aluminum Pool Renovation: Part I
- GraniGrate™ is Luxury Grating for Luxury Applications
- DuraTech™ Grating is Made to Last
- A RenoSys Renovation: The Smart Choice for Fixing Your Pool Problems
- Customized Safety: SoftSide™ Safety Padding
- Ready to Take the Plunge? Cold Plunge Pools & Spas by RenoSys
- The Evacuator™: Highlighting Better Air
- How to Determine if You Have a Leak in Your Pool
- Can Pool Products be Eco-Friendly?
- Design/Build With RenoSys
- Stainless Steel SummitSeries™ Pools & Spas: Above-Grade and Way Above Average